THIS ITEM IS LIMITED TO ONE COPY PER CUSTOMER
ORDERS CONTAINING MULTIPLE COPIES WILL NOT BE FULFILLED
🌎 FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS:
Please contact us to request international shipping
David Bowie – David Bowie In Bertolt Brecht's Baal
- Record Company – Warner Music Group
- Licensed To – Parlophone Records Ltd.
- Published By – Universal Edition (London) Ltd.
- Published By – European American Music Corporation
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Jones/Tintoretto Entertainment Co., LLC
- Copyright (c) – Parlophone Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Jones/Tintoretto Entertainment Co., LLC
- Pressed By – Optimal Media GmbH – BI17733
- Adapted By [Adapted For Television By] – Alan Clarke (7), John Willett
- Arranged By – Dominic Muldowney
- Art Direction – Andrew Christian
- Design, Artwork By – Partridge Rushton
- Directed By – Alan Clarke (7)
- Illustration [Wood Cut Illustration] – Frans Masereel
- Liner Notes – John Willett
- Photography By – John Timbers
- Producer – David Bowie, Louis Marks (2), Tony Visconti
- Translated By – John Willett
- Written-By – Bertolt Brecht, Dominic Muldowney (tracks: A1, A2, B3), Kurt Weill (tracks: B2)
Excerpts from the television play Baal by Bertolt Brecht, adapted by Alan Clarke and John Willett, directed by Alan Clarke, produced by Louis Marks.
10” Version releases 29-06-2018 and only available on release day via ‘bricks and mortar’ record stores according to Parlophone press release.
℗ 1982, 2017 The copyright in this sound recording is owned by Jones/Tintoretto Entertainment Company LLC under exclusive licence to Parlophone Records Ltd.
© 2018 Jones/Fintoretto Entertainment Company LLC.
© 2018 Parlophone Records Ltd. A Warner Music Group Company.
This new limited edition comes in a special six page cover.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Sticker on shrinkwrap): 0190295667450
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, etched): BI17733-01 A2 0190295667450
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, etched): BI17733-01 B1 0190295667450
- Matrix / Runout (Label side A): DBBAAL 2018A
- Matrix / Runout (Label side B): DBBAAL 2018B
- Label Code: LC30419
- Rights Society: GEMA / MCPS
- Rights Society: ASCAP
David Bowie In Bertolt Brecht’s Baal features Bowie performing five songs that were written for German playwright Bertolt Brecht’s 1918 play “Baal.” Bowie recorded this EP with Visconti at Hansa Studios in Berlin in November 1981.
Recently, all five songs were re-released as part of the exclusive Re:Call 3 compilation that accompanied the boxed set, A New Career In A New Town (1977-1982). This new limited edition 10” vinyl reissue comes in a six-panel sleeve that replicates the original 1982 packaging and is available exclusively at “brick and mortar” retail stores.
Baal’s Hymn (Der Choral Vom Großen Baal)
Remembering Marie A. (Erinnerung An Die Marie A.)
Ballad Of The Adventurers (Die Ballad Von Den Abenteurern)
The Drowned Girl (Vom Ertrunkenen Mädchen)
The Dirty Song